It is simply amazing what we can all do when we come together and accomplish great things!
Thank you for supporting the PTO and continuing to help keep TCES a great place to learn!
2016 Titan Fun Run Funds used for:
- Final payment for the HybridgeTM Compass Odyssey Program – $18,890.51. Please see click on the link above to check out all of the details on this amazing educational program that teachers are rolling out to our students this fall.
- Classroom Libraries - $14,400. This will enable 48 teachers, including those with a homeroom, GT as well as full and part-time specialty teachers with $300 to build out their classroom libraries for balanced literacy initiatives.
- All teachers with a homeroom, GT, Related Arts and Specialty teachers, Administration, Front Desk Staff and the School Nurse will receive additional funds from the Fun Run to be used in our school and in the classrooms.
The TCES PTO has funded the following (and more) from 2014-2016:
- A percentage of Titan Fun Run funds are always given to all TCES teachers and support staff to use for direct classroom needs (see above)
- $500 allocation per grade level for classroom/program supplies
- Paid 100% of the Accelerated Reader program the first year and 75% the second and third years. Also funded AR celebrations throughout the year.
- Butterfly and ladybug larvae and eggs for the Kindergarten curriculum
- Musical for 4th and 5th graders
- Thinking Maps training for our Assistant Principal
- Thinking Maps notebooks for each classroom teacher
- 14 new iPads (to complete a class set for Technology and Media Related Arts Rotations)
- $5,000 for Balanced Literacy Book Sets (2 sets per grade level)
- $1,800 for Flu Kits for each classroom (including a second round of electronics wipes distributed in early winter)
- $100 Reading Whisper Phones
- $350 Math Supplies for Ms. Lamba (Textbooks and Balance Scales)
- $400 GT Textbooks
- $1,000 toward building leveled reading libraries for each teacher to use in their classrooms
- Agendas for all grade levels
- Binders for kindergarten
- Contributions to the STEM and Chess Clubs
- Gave each teacher with a classroom library $300 each ($10,000 total) to grow and expand their classroom library
- Contributions to PE for Field Day and Safety Patrol celebrations
- $4,200 assisting PE in obtaining a second set of all equipment needed to fully engage two classes at a time.
- Purchased a variety of items for Related Arts teachers, Reading and Math Specialists and GT and Special Education Teachers.
- Purchased the remaining Lego Kits needed for 1st grade.
- Helped spread the message of inclusion and kindness with Buddy Benches
- Purchased the Discovery Digital Media website to be used by all grade levels (except kindergarten)
- Purchased Chromebooks for the lower grade levels
- Contributed to landscaping and outdoor beautification projects
- Teacher Appreciation activities and events
- Field trip scholarships for all grade levels
- STEM budget allocation of $200 per grade level
- Donation for Mr. Gardener's participation in the Special Olympics Polar Plunge
- Die cuts for Kindergarten
- End of the Year Safety Patrol Field Trip - includes all 4th and 5th grade students that are a part of the Safety Patrol program in the fall/winter and spring - $750
- Provided all of 4th & 5th grade students with bandanas for the Color Run - $251
- $150 Donation to the Tega Cay Lion's Club for new eye screening equipment.
Click here to learn more about our budget, the source of our funds and how we work together with TCES and our PTO Executive Board to determine how our funds are best allocated.