The Tega Cay TITANS Chess Club serves as a place where 3rd-5th grade students with various skill levels can congregate and enjoy the royal game of chess.
Our club is based on the learning and understanding the basics of the game and developing deeper insight into forward thinking.
The Chess club will have signup on Aug 25th from 5-6 PM in the library of TCES. Our first meeting will be to sign up and go over the club rules and structure. Coach Kevin Crosby will meet with the students and get an understanding of the skill set each has on the game.
Parents, please bring the following:
- Student(s) first and last name
- Your contact information (phone number, email address)
- Student(s) grade. Please note that students that have moved on to 6th grade and beyond are welcome to attend.
planned meeting dates & times
- 5-6 PM
- Every Friday starting September 1st.
- On December 1st will meet every other Friday going forward.
chess club pdf files (click the link)
For more information please contact:
- Kevin Crosby
- Cell # 803-431-1799
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the mission of the Tega Cay TITANS Chess Club, an educational organization, to maintain a formal program of instruction to teach the game of chess and to promote and support its educational program through community outreach and to increase the awareness of the educational value of chess
- To provide chess players the chance to compete and develop friendships with other players
- To promote chess within a safe learning environment
- Chess can raise your IQ
- It exercises both sides of the brain
- It increases your creativity
- It improves your memory
- It increases problem-solving skills
- It improves concentration
- It teaches planning and foresight
- Some Universities offers Chess Scholarships