Don't forget to update your student's teacher and grade. You must do this every year.
Sign up for volunteer opportunities too! We are actively recruiting some additional committee heads!
Spirit Wear store is now closed. We will reopen in August 2020.
Hi Titan families!
The TCES PTO is still here and WE ARE EXCITED about the upcoming school year. For some of us it will be in-person, for others it will be virtual and for all of us it will be a new normal.
Like many of you, we have all really learned to cherish the little things during the Covid-19 pandemic. We are so grateful for everything our teachers and administration do to make sure our little ones have a wonderful experience. We are also grateful for the many things the PTO has been able to provide to enrich our student experiences including:
Movie Night, The Spirit Rock, Titan Ice, Holiday Market, Valentine Grams, Bookfair, School Dance, STEAM & Kickball Clubs, 5th Grade Graduation Party, Spirit Nights, Spirit Wear Store and the Fun Run (your kids LOVE it!)
Annually the TCES PTO raises tens of thousands of dollars for our school. Historically we split our funds into teacher appreciation, development, classroom supply/program support, and capital improvement projects for the school. In the past the PTO has contributed funding for Watch DOGS, Field Day, and Literacy Pro. Some prior PTO improvement projects are the playground turf, the electronic sign, a bike rack and the (in progress) playground sunshades. Another portion of the budget supports the fun activities listed above. Additionally, a PTO fund is maintained to provide scholarships for students as needed for field trips & PTO/school events.
Our focus this year will be on doing the little things to show appreciation that bring joy and normalcy to our teachers and students even while some of our traditional big PTO things are going to have to be cancelled or postponed. Our committee heads are working hard to come up with new ideas and new ways of doing things and we are Zooming regularly to try to keep up with the changes for the year. The calendar on the PTO website https://tegacaypto.membershiptoolkit.com/Calendar is up to date with adjustments to the activities and will keep being updated as we learn more. We will be communicating actively on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TegaCayElementarySchoolPTA and through a weekly(ish) email this year. A few key things to know now:
- The PTO membership form will go active on the evening of virtual “Meet the Teacher” on our website https://tegacaypto.membershiptoolkit.com/home.
- Spirit Rock sign ups open at the same time as the PTO membership form. You no longer must be a member of the PTO to rent the rock, BUT the non-member rate is higher than the member rate so you might as well join us! Spirit Rock dates fill up fast. Really fast.
- Titan Ice sign ups open at the same time as the PTO membership form. You must join the PTO first to sign up for Titan Ice. Distribution days will be on the calendar. The first two are set already.
- Boosterthon Fun Run will happen. The specific details on the program are being guided by the school administration to make sure it is safe and fun for everyone. This is always our biggest fundraiser and your kids really do LOVE it.
- Movie Night is postponed until the Spring.
- The PTO Auction that got covid-cancelled in the spring is scheduled right after Thanksgiving for your holiday shopping! The PTO is donating items that are expiring earlier to the administration to share with our amazing teachers and staff.
- Spirit Nights will happen. More info to come.
- PTO Meetings will start out virtual. The first meeting is a great opportunity to hear about the plans for the year and now you can do it in your sweatpants on the couch so there is no reason to miss it!
- The Spirit Wear store has an online shop and we are adding some cute Titan masks and lanyards and even some Titan mousepads are coming for our virtual learners.
We are thankful for every member of our Tega Cay Titan family and sincerely hope you’ll join us on the PTO in supporting our teachers, administration and students for an amazing 2020 – 2021 school year!
Thank you for your patience while we go with the flow to get this year up and running.
Your PTO Board:
Carri Bryson – Secretary
Jennifer Carpenter- Treasurer
Kari Cates – Co VP
Erin Roark – Co VP
Travis Mayo – Co President
Julia Lentini – Co President
As always, we are an inclusive organization and understand that some families are facing extra challenges this year. If you need any assistance at all in participating in the PTO or specific PTO activities, please email us at email@example.com and we will be 1000% happy to help. We are here for YOU!
Get involved! Show your Titan Spirit!
Be a part of the Titan family!!!!!!!
2019/2020 New & Returning Titans
The first stop on this website is to register for a free account or update your account from previous years. Please be sure to update your child's grade and teacher each year. Your account enables you to join the PTO, rent the spirit rock, order spirit wear & Titan Ice and much more.